Wednesday, February 2, 2011

CAPTAIN AMERICA # 216

Cap 216 is a reprint of STRANGE TALES # 114 where the HUMAN TORCH squares off against CAPTAIN AMERICA in a classic tale by JACK KIRBY who also did the cover for ST 114.
The story is a classic one shot short tale where everything is wrapped up neatly in one story.
Johnny is reading an old Cap comic book and later on has to confront Cap who is out robbing armored cars. As it turns out it's not really Cap but a villain named the ACROBAT and Johnny captures him and turns him in to the Police.
But to see Cap swinging around was a thrill I am sure to people reading this comic book when it originally came out.
This cover by Gil Kane and Ernie Chan showed us what action is all about. I used to love reprint fill in issues because we got an education. Soon after I sought out ST 114 and added it to my coolection....but I could stare at CAP 216 for a long time and the entire story runs through my mind vividly
STRANGE TALES - 114 was drawn by JACK KING KIRBY
and CAPTAIN AMERICA - 216 was drawn by Gil Kane and Ernie Chan.





1 comment:

  1. I love the Ernie Chan cover! Cap evading the fireballs shows his skill and quickness. It made me buy the issue!

    ReplyDelete