Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CONAN vs TARZAN


Another noodling around practice job. I wanted to give it that British reprint look that you used to see in those old B/W mags from merry old England. I was looking for the perfect images to put together and I came up with the idea that I wanted an old fashioned look. KUBERT? BUSCEMA? BARRY SMITH? I chose a BUSCEMA Tarzan image and The SMITH images because I had a composition in mind and they seemed to fit. The dimension and size of TARZAN was perfect ( TO ME ) for a flying through the air and just a few feet away from CONAN who will barely have time to swing his sword before TARZAN pounces on him. Creates a scenario in your imagination don't it? Well..this will be my last Paste up mock cover that I will share for a while.

Gotta post my favorite covers...ya know?

3 comments:

  1. It already happened, my friend:

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VI_BnuyTW8A/UAj7QJHWXRI/AAAAAAAAZDE/0acrzIv7JYI/s400/20051.jpg

    http://marvelscustoms.com/bblackwolf/albums/Conan/Conan_4_Saga_Belit/amra_05.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are referring to the AMRA storyline.... That was an unofficial thinly disguised version of the ERB character...not an officially sanctioned battle of the two greatest adventure heroes of all time. But thank you

    ReplyDelete