Wednesday, April 17, 2013

KING KONG movie posters

Yeah... I love COMIC BOOKS and JUNGLE GIRLS and CONAN and HERCULES but I also have another guilty pleasure.  KING KONG the world of KONG fascinates me.  I always loved the 1933 version and always wathced it whenever it would come on.  Then in 1976 they made a new version of the film.  Not really a remake but more of a revamp.  They changed the whole thing with Jack making a film to Jack being a stowaway on an oil tanker looking for oil on Skull Island.  Turns out Jack is a photographer and then DWAN shows up...( Jessica Lange ) she's a shipwrecked actress and Jack and Dwan fall in love.  But it's a love triangle because KONG loves her too.  I always loved the movie posters and searched them out on the web for this post.  Keep in mind KING KONG was a very successful Gold Key comic book adaptation too.  But I don't need to justify the things I love by relating them to comics...but yeah there were KING KONG comics and why would there not be?  Anyway...I love KING KONG check out the posters I found on the web and share with you today.


I know Frazetta did the book cover adaptation

4 comments:

  1. One thing I noticed about these posters...( Who is the artist anyway? ) The artist used the same face as reference for every painting...it does not bother me at all but it does kind of look like KONG is distracted in a couple of the paintings...he's ripping apart a train and then he sees a squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I liked the movie it never quite lived up to it's posters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I walked by that first poster for two weeks when I was a kid and it drove me crazy waiting for it to arrive. I was in the line on opening night peeing my pants and it was cooler than I ever thought it could be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that movie- soundtrack was killer too!

    ReplyDelete